For those of you that were away on your summer holiday, welcome back! Interestingly enough, July was a very active month for us: we welcomed a record-breaking 19 new member companies to the Chamber and offered 14 events last month. Things are starting to ramp up again, and we look forward to seeing you soon at the Chamber! I have some key updates to share with you, so below is my Top 10 List for August:
1. Welcoming New Chargé d’Affaires, a.i. Rafik Mansour: Join us in warmly welcoming Mr. Rafik Mansour as the new Chargé d’Affaires, a.i. of the U.S. Embassy in Singapore. Having served as the Deputy Chief of Mission and CDA of the U.S. Embassy in Armenia prior to his arrival in Singapore last month, Mr. Mansour brings with him more than 20 years of service as a diplomat. We are honored to receive him, as guest of honor, and new U.S. Embassy colleagues at our highly anticipated Welcome Back Reception on
September 6. Register today as spaces are limited! Come dressed up to the theme of The Great Gatsby and the Roaring Twenties – it promises to be a wonderful evening!
2. Thoughts from the 2019 Washington Doorknock: Last month, together with my colleagues from the AmChams of the Asia-Pacific, I met with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Jeff Gerrish, other key Administration officials, Democratic and Republican party strategists, as well as Senators, Congressmen and Hill staffers as part of our annual D.C. mission. Join us as we host a dialogue between some of the Doorknock participants and hear their views about the discussions that took place. You can register to attend the event.
3. Your Account Manager at AmCham: We’ve appointed company account administrators for each of our 700 member companies. The appointed AmCham staff will be your company’s main point of contact for any administrative issues or questions that you may have. Member accounts were designated by alphabetical order of the name of your company, for easy referencing, and the Account Administrators list is now on our website. Should you have any further queries, you may also reach out to Samuel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Flash Survey on the Impact of Hong Kong Protests to Business: In light of the global coverage on the ongoing protests in Hong Kong, we’ve launched a flash survey to gather insights on how these events have been impacting the business community in Singapore. This survey is building on the work of AmCham Hong Kong, which launched a survey in July to gauge the Hong Kong business community’s sentiment on the protests. We strongly encourage you to participate in the survey, which closes on August 29. Click here to access the survey. We will share the results of this flash survey at an event in September. For any questions, email Jessica at email@example.com.
5. AmCham Women Accelerate Symposium & Cocktail Reception, September 19: For this year’s theme of Sponsorship vs. Mentorship, we are excited to announce a reflective performance by experiential, theatre-led learning experts Dramatic Differences who will offer insights on the real-world challenges of sponsorship and mentorship. Also included in the Symposium program is a panel of passionate business leaders and supporters of D&I: Claudia Salem, CEO, Property & Casualty, Asia Pacific, Allianz; Emre Olcer, President, South East Asia, Mondelēz International, Inc; Shakilla Shahjihan, Divisional Vice President, Government Affairs, Asia Pacific & Japan, Abbott Laboratories (Singapore) Private Limited; and Moderator – James Andrade, Chief Learning and Innovation Officer, CapitaLand. Join us for an inspirational evening with passionate D&I leaders and register today!
6. Iskandar Trade Mission: On Friday, July 31, AmCham members enjoyed a mission trip to Nusajaya Tech Park in Iskandar, Malaysia, which was specially organized for AmCham by our member CapitaLand. Situated just 5 minutes from the Malaysian CIQ Complex, Nusajaya Tech Park is one of the closest industrial sites to the Malaysia-Singapore Second Link. During this trip, members toured this cutting edge industrial park and learned about the strategic advantages of doing business in Iskandar. If you are interested in organizing a similar business mission trip in the future, please contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Join us and make your voice heard at our September Committee Programming Sessions: Committees are at the heart of AmCham’s value proposition to members, and we need your support to ensure our programming remains at the cutting edge of industry. Committee Programming Sessions for each of our
13 committees will be held over the month of September – we would love to hear your feedback and suggestions as we identify topics for the Chamber to address in 2020. Contact Tabitha at email@example.com or Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
8. New Deputy Director of Strategy Lee-Mey Goh: We welcomed to our team, Lee-Mey Goh as our new Deputy Director of Strategy. She will lead the coordination of the Chamber’s AmChams of Asia Pacific (AAP) Business Summit 2020, and work with Kelly and Ravi on programs for business development and stakeholder engagement. Lee-Mey joins us from the Singapore EDB with extensive experience in the healthcare and biomedical industries, and I am excited to have her with us at AmCham. I know that she would love to hear from you on how we can advance the Chamber’s mission, so please feel free to reach out to her at email@example.com to learn more about the upcoming Summit!
9. Newly Renovated Co-Working Space at AmCham Singapore Is Now Ready for Your Use: A big thank you to our member company Sunray Woodcraft Construction for fully renovating our hot-desking lounge which our members can use on a complimentary basis. Please come and utilize our new awesome space! We would love to see you!
10. Schedule a Session with Me on How to Maximize Your Membership with AmCham Singapore: Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to sit down with Caterpillar Inc. colleagues to share more about what we do at the Chamber and to help identify ways they can best leverage the benefits of their membership with the Chamber. I would love to come to your office to speak with your colleagues – so please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange a session at your company.
We update our Events Calendar on a regular basis, so please remember to visit our website www.amcham.org.sg frequently so that you do not miss out on Committee Programming meetings, seminars, networking sessions and more!
All the best,