Happy New Year! On behalf of the AmCham Board of Governors, I am pleased to announce that our next Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place on Friday, April 23, 2021. The terms of six members of the Board will conclude at that time and we will be holding an election to fill these seats. The nomination and election process will be launched on February 3, 2021 with results announced at the AGM.
A strong, committed Board will ensure that AmCham continues to provide active support and top-quality services for the membership. I am therefore delighted to announce the members of the Nominating Committee who will help to finalize the slate of candidates. They are:
- Mr. Dwight Hutchins, Chair of the Nominating Committee, Former Chairman; AmCham Singapore; and Managing Director, Strategy-Consulting, Asia Pacific, Accenture
- Mr. David Katz, AmCham Governor; Director-Public Affairs, Asia Pacific, KKR
- Ms. Priya Mahajan, Head of Asia Pacific Public Policy & Regulatory Counsel, Verizon Communications and Co-Chair of the Cybersecurity Committee
In the next few weeks, Mr. Hutchins will issue a formal call for candidates who are required to meet the following criteria:
- is an employee of a “Corporate” member company
- has been a resident of Singapore for at least 12 months or longer
- is an experienced, senior member of his/her company
- has a strong interest in American business in Singapore and the region
- has been a member of AmCham for at least 12 months or longer
- has demonstrated commitment to AmCham through consistent participation and other forms of support
- is willing and able to commit time, experience, and resources to AmCham initiatives
- is willing to attend bi-monthly Board of Governors meetings and other Chamber events and activities
Thank you in advance for your interest in the upcoming Board election. We look forward to receiving your nomination.
If you have any questions related to the process, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Jessica Cho
, Head of External Affairs or call 6597-5732.
American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore