As you may have seen in the Chairman’s official announcement of my departure, I will be stepping down as your Executive Director. So this is my last Top 10 List to make sure you are kept abreast of the happenings at the Chamber.
It has been an absolute honor serving you and the AmCham business community over the past two years. I’m very proud of the many new initiatives and successes we’ve achieved together. With your continued support, I am confident that the talented team here at AmCham will ensure that the Chamber continues to thrive.
Here is the Top 10 List for September:
- AmChams of Asia Pacific (AAP) Business Summit 2020 – Call for Nominations: In celebration of International Women’s Day, we will be launching the AmCham Women APAC Leaders Council at the inaugural AAP Business Summit in 2020. Email Lee-Mey at email@example.com to find out how you can nominate your leader and feature your company at the Summit!
- Survey on the Impact of Hong Kong Protests to Business: In collaboration with Ipsos, AmCham conducted a flash survey of our members between August 21–29, 2019 to better understand how the unrest in Hong Kong is affecting the AmCham community in Singapore. A total of 120 responses were collected from a diverse industry pool. Many companies remain cautious and are adopting a ‘wait and see’ strategy, but prolonged unrest is impacting longer-term business strategies. The survey report is available here.
- Insights Report on AmCham Women’s Diversity Survey: In 2018, AmCham Women conducted a survey to understand how companies are approaching gender diversity and inclusion (D&I) in the workplace. An analysis of the survey results will be presented in an Insights Report, which will be made available on our website in October. The Report will also offer practical steps that organizations can take to build a robust D&I strategy.
- Take a Look at Our New Membership Brochure: Click here to learn more about the updated membership benefits and feel free to share the brochure with your colleagues. We would love to hear what you think and discuss how best to maximize your membership as you grow your business. Contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore new opportunities.
- Launch of the AmCham Cybersecurity Survey, September 25: AmCham partnered Booz Allen Hamilton to conduct a survey on the cybersecurity ecosystem in Singapore and how businesses are preparing to face the ever-changing landscape of cyber threats. We invite you to join us to analyze the results together with our panel of experts: Phoram Mehta, Head of InfoSec, APAC, PayPal Information Security; Kawin Boonyapredee, Chief Cyber Strategist, Booz Allen Hamilton; and Joshua McCloud, National Cybersecurity Officer, ASEAN, Cisco Systems Inc. You can register here.
- AmCham Committee Co-Chairs: We are pleased to welcome to our leadership circle May Teo (Pratt & Whitney) for the Aerospace and Defense Committee. If you are interested to be more involved in committee programming, do reach out to Jessica at email@example.com or Tabitha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Capital Conference featuring Singapore Minister for Manpower and Second Minister for Home Affairs, Josephine Teo: We will be holding our annual Human Capital Conference on Thursday, November 21. The theme of this year’s conference will be “The Future of Human Capital”. Minister Teo will be delivering a keynote address and particip
ting in a fireside chat at the Conference. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact Tabitha at email@example.com.
- Takeaways from AmCham Women Event on Employee Resource Groups: AmCham Women, in collaboration with INSEAD, will release a report on the key takeaways of the AmCham Women event “Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): From Social Networks to Think Tanks.” The published report will cover the typical barriers that ERGs face and the potential solutions that were discussed by attendees. Please contact Sagarika at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be updated.
- New CMO Roundtable Series: AmCham will be partnering with EDB to launch a series of CMO roundtable discussions. The first roundtable, themed “Staying Relevant Amidst Disruption: Singapore’s Role as a Digital Marketing Hub in Asia and ASEAN”, will be held on October 8. This roundtable will bring together a professional community of Chief Marketing Officers and executives to exchange best practices about marketing innovation, transformation and digitization. Contact Tabitha at email@example.com if you have any queries.
- Trial the AmCham Annual Pass: Do you attend 2 or more of our events every month? If you are a frequent visitor at AmCham, we might have the perfect package for you! The AmCham Annual Pass will grant unlimited access to AmCham committee events held at our J&J auditorium. We will roll this out in 2020 and are seeking volunteers to trial this. You’ll be the first of our members to experience this new initiative. Contact Ravi at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!
We update our Events Calendar on a regular basis, so please remember to visit our website www.amcham.org.sg frequently so that you do not miss out on Committee Programming meetings, seminars, networking sessions and more!
All the best,