I’m in DC this week with our delegation for the annual “Washington Doorknock” advocacy mission. We met with U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo, members of Congress, and many other officials from the Administration. However, I wanted to be sure to share a few other updates with you, so here is my Top 10 List for July:
1. Sales Leaders Network: We’ll be launching a peer-to-peer learning and support network exclusively curated for sales and business development leaders in the AmCham community. If you’d like to learn more about joining this Network, please contact Kelly, our Director of Business Development and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. US-China Trade War Survey II: During the Washington Doorknock, we frequently referenced our recent survey findings. You can read our survey Report also covered by the media: ST, Bloomberg, Business Times, Nikkei. Thank you to all those who took the time to participate in the survey and for enabling us to speak with a strong voice.
3. Social Impact Task Force: Wee Choo Hua, AmCham Governor and Director and Head of Government Relations, Asia Pacific and Japan for HP Inc. has been appointed to oversee AmCham’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts such as Corporate Community Day and the running of the annual AmCham CARES awards. If your company is interested in serving on the Social Impact Task Force, please contact Tabitha at email@example.com.
4. AmChams of Asia Pacific (AAP) Business Summit 2020: We have made quite a bit of progress in planning our upcoming Summit. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Heng Swee Keat has confirmed his attendance; venue will be at the JW Marriott Singapore South Beach; event microsite is now live (www.AmChamsofAPAC2020.com) which will be updated regularly. You can contact Lee-Mey at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions related to the Summit.
5. New Committee Co-Chairs: We are pleased to welcome to our leadership circle Michael Little (AUSTAL USA) for the Aerospace & Defense Committee; Nitin Goil (Center for Creative Leadership) for the Human Capital Committee; Andrew Wu (Mesh Bio) for the SME Committee; and Priya Mahajan (Verizon Communications) for the Cybersecurity Subcommittee. Welcome everyone!
6. Launch of the Built Environment Committee: We’re thrilled to be launching the Built Environment Committee (formerly Property Committee) on July 25 with Architect Tai Lee Siang, Immediate Past Chair, World Green Building Council and Esther An, Chief Sustainability Officer, City Developments Limited (CDL). Register to attend the event. We look forward to future programming and dialogue focused on the construction industry’s transformation roadmap: Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DfMA), Green Buildings, and Integrated Digital Delivery (IDD).
7. A-List Point of View Papers: We work with our members as value creation partners to provide an analysis of some of our key thought leadership events. View recent A-List POV papers by Asia Group Advisors. If you’re interested in being our value creation partner, please contact Tabitha at email@example.com.
8. Balestier Luncheon with Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law: Join us for our upcoming Balestier event with Minister K. Shanmugam on August 27. Register now to secure your seats! Corporate tables are also available at $800 for 10 seats. Please email Aisyah at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a table and learn more about corporate table benefits.
9. Now accepting applications for internships with the Government and Public Affairs team: AmCham’s internship program is offered throughout the year to undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates from local and international universities interested in gaining experience working in the field of international business and government affairs. We are currently looking for a Government Affairs intern and a Public Affairs intern for the fall term. Please share this to your network and click here for more information on each position and instructions on how to apply by August 1.
10. AmCham Cybersecurity Survey: We are pleased to announce that the first AmCham Cybersecurity Questionnaire is now open! This survey aims to gather candid feedback on the cybersecurity experiences and practices of our member companies. This is the first survey in Singapore on the cybersecurity ecosystem. The survey is open until August 2 so please encourage your organisation to complete the survey. The results of the survey will be unveiled at an AmCham event on September 18. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica at email@example.com.
We update our Events Calendar on a regular basis, so please remember to visit our website www.amcham.com.sg frequently so that you do not miss out on Committee Programming meetings, seminars, networking sessions and more!
All the best,