Ministry of Manpower Singapore Latest News
- 15,000 firms to receive higher Foreign Worker Levy Rebates [8 May]
- The Government will be providing a higher Foreign Worker Levy (FWL) rebate for the Construction, Marine Shipyard and Process (CMP) sectors.
- From May to December 2021, the FWL rebate for each Work Permit Holder in the CMP sectors will be increased from $90 per month to $250 per month.
- The first round of the increased FWL rebate in May 2021 will be paid out in the following month.
- Employers can consider making use of the FWL rebate to retain existing workers and bring in Work Permit Holders from lower-risk countries or regions.
- Government agencies are working closely with the CMP sectors through the Industry Transformation Maps to transform their businesses and reduce manpower reliance to become more resilient to future shocks.
- Clarification on inaccurate post on messaging apps on work pass holders not allowed into Singapore from 11 May [8 May]
- Here are the facts:
- Singapore is not closing borders to work pass holders and dependents, but reducing entries from higher risk countries. Some workers who had earlier obtained entry approvals will be rescheduled.
- Workers needed for key strategic and infrastructural works will still be allowed entry.
- Workers from lower risk countries/regions, or entering via the Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) or Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL), will not be affected.
- To reschedule those affected, we are not accepting new entry applications from higher risk countries/regions for the time being.
[For more details: https://go.gov.sg/mom-clarification080521]
- Queries on Covid-related matters
- Refer to MOM’s FAQs: www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/frequently-asked-questions
- For advice on further queries, contact MOM through online form here: www.mom.gov.sg/feedback