Are your employees struggling to cope with work and personal responsibilities?
As work and life gets increasingly interdependent and intertwined, managing both becomes a constant juggle. That is why, it is important to help your employees achieve Work-Life Harmony, where they can effectively manage both work responsibilities and personal aspirations.
The Tripartite Standard on Work-Life Harmony specifies 7 practices that employers should implement at the workplace to support employees towards achieving this.
By adopting the Tripartite Standard on Work-Life Harmony you can help your employees manage their work and personal lives, leading to more motivated staff with higher morale and better performance! You will also gain a competitive edge in attracting and retaining your talents.
7 PRACTICES TO ENHANCE WORK-LIFE HARMONY AT YOUR WORKPLACE
1. Adopt the Tripartite Standard on Flexible Work Arrangements (TS on FWAs)
– Take the first step to provide FWAs for employees.
2. Put in place Employee Support Schemes (ESS)
– ESS may include Family Day, subsidised health screening and staff recreation areas.
3. Enhance leave policies
– Provide at least two enhanced leave benefits, e.g. compassionate leave, extended childcare leave.
4. Appoint a member of senior management to champion Work-Life Harmony
– A member of senior management is appointed as Work-Life Champion to advocate adoption of work-life practices at the workplace.
5. Discuss suitable arrangements for employees with caregiving responsibilities
– This could include the option to reduce work hours, other forms of FWAs, additional leave provisions, or flexible benefits for caregivers.
6. Establish and communicate Work-Life Harmony policy
– Support employees’ mental well-being, prevent potential work burnout, and improve productivity.
7. Review the effectiveness of work-life programmes on a regular basis
– Conduct regular surveys or focus group discussions to gather feedback and areas for improvement.
Need assistance in implementing these Work-Life practices?
Sign up here for the Tripartite Standard on Work-Life Harmony and Flexible Work Arrangements Clinic today.
Learn more, and adopt the Tripartite Standard on Work-Life Harmony now here.
LET TRIPARTITE STANDARDS BE YOUR EMPLOYMENT STANDARD